Saturday, January 19, 2013

A litle bit of shopping

Some new supplies for the reloading bench. A new digital powder scale, a steal at 20$. A few boxes of primers small pistol and large rifle. The last tub of Trail Boss from the powder keg at the local Cabelas. Also from Ebay a couple of bullet molds, a 158 gr tumble lube in .357  and 170 gr flat point in 30-30
Also scored recently from Ebay some handy dandy used Lee Loaders in 12 and 20 gauge as well as a .380 acp and a new .38/.357 to keep the older 30-30 company. The .380 is a hard find as Lee no longer makes them and they rarely come available these days. I have a Lee Classic press but I do enjoy using these little Lee Loaders.
should be enough to keep the zombies at bay for a bit.


4 comments:

  1. I wish I'd bought more things when I had the chance. I'm pretty much unable to now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primers are pretty much non existent on the shelves, I was lucky to score the last boxes. Went back today and there were none left. There seemed to be some powder left. Ammo in popular calibers is selling like hot cakes. The tools on ebay are readily available and quite reasonably priced.

      Delete
  2. Reloading isn't all that common in the UK we just buy cartidges (or shells as you guys call them) and use them then chuck them away! Seems a much better idea to reload them. Good supply you've got there.
    My brother said to me the other day (after I lent him the first series of walking dead) "the hardest part of a zombie apocalypse would be pretending not to be excited..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time some idiot goes nuts with a gun here old Barry and his gang of Chicago shysters magnified by the useful morons in the press go on about limiting guns and ammo, so sales of both go through the ceiling, and ammo becomes almost unavailable especially in common calibers. Right now there is a run on ammo and components and the shelves are looking very sketchy. Shotgun shells are relatively cheap and available at 25$ for a box of 100 rounds. I reload as it in some measure provides a degree of self sufficiency and it makes sense to recycle the brass. I also enjoy the whole process and experimenting with the variables. Cost is also an issue. A box of 50 rounds of 38 special goes for anywhere between 15$ and 30$. I can make it about 6$ or even cheaper if I cast my own bullets. In so far as the zombies goes you only need to walk in to Walmart on Fridays when welfare checks arrive to know they are already here. Just google "Walmart people".

      Delete