Saturday, April 27, 2024

Sometimes you actaully meet some normal kids . . . .

 . . . and some actually have some talent . Kinda gives you some hope .

We've been having these casual Thursday evening cruise-ins at the local Cabelas for about a year now . I attended a few last fall , and after a winter respite we are back on again as the weather allows . A couple events ago I met this kid with a camera by the name of Connor . Seemed to be able to hold more than a monosyllabic conversation and that immediately put him above your average cat . 

Here are some nice photos he took of my Volvo.

Go over to his new Substack page and check it out . Seems he can actually write a logical coherent thought and is looking for a toe into the automotive publication world .

 https://moderatelyjalopy.substack.com/

 

6 comments:

  1. The under hood shot☺.. That is Nice.. The rest is plenty cool,, but that shot put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's the Swedish Ferrari, gets me into the local Italian Heritage Festival car show.

      Delete
  3. Nice pictures and I like that steering wheel you put in. I like that aftermarket steering wheel, cleans up the clunky Volvo factory steering wheel. Where did you put the stereo at? In the glove box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kevin, the steering wheel was something that dad put on it before I inherited the car. Makes it easier for us long legged critters to get in and out of the car. The radio I pulled out a couple years ago when I re-did the carpets. It was not working and I got used to not having it and found the original cover plate for the hole in the dash in dad's stash of parts. I have since managed to repair the radio but have yet to put it back in the car. I need to sort some wiring issues out in it soon. My oil pressure warning light flashes when I hit the turn signal or step on the brakes when the headlights are on , so there is likely a grounding issue somewhere I need to sort out . Lest just say that wiring was not dad's strong suit and the mess under the dash could use some attention .

      Delete